During this time, Orion Care’s priority is to support the health and well-being of our community, and our team, so that they may continue to care for you.
For the latest information on the Coronavirus, please visit the Australian Government Department of Health for guidance or call the National Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Information Line on 1800 020 080
Looking out for yourself and reporting illness
If you feel unwell, call the doctor. Tell someone you trust. Then please let Orion Care know as soon as possible.
If you have trouble breathing, call an ambulance straight away on 000.
Be Informed on preventing the spread of coronavirus?
Practising good hand and sneeze/cough hygiene is the best defence against most viruses. You should:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water, before and after eating, and after going to the bathroom.
- Cover your cough and sneeze with your elbow or a tissue. Dispose of tissues and wash your hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Clean the surfaces that people touch a lot like door handles, tables, handrails
- Social distance – stay 1.5 metres from other people when possible to do so, especially when out of the house
- If unwell, seek medical advice and avoid contact with others (stay more than 1.5 meters from people)
Keep us in the Loop!
Whilst we are reaching out to our clients more than ever, so we can work with you to ensure proper precautions for everyone’s safety, we encourage you to let us know in the case of any of the following:
- If you are unwell in any way
- If a family member or house guest is unwell or is isolating at home.
- If you or a house guest has had contact with COVID-19 or suspected COVID-19, whether they have symptoms or not.
- Any concerns about your service.
Your Care Manager is your first port of call with any feedback or concerns and can also receive calls from families, friends or loved ones, too.
If you still have questions or concerns, you can also contact the Disability Information Helpline ( funded by the Australian Government) on 1800 643 787.
COVID-19 Screening and Risk Assessment processes have been implemented for all Support Staff and Clients, and are repeated and reviewed regularly.
A Safe Workplace is a Clean Workplace
When providing staff to your home, Orion Care will consult with you and conduct a risk assessment, to ensure your requirements are understood, procedures are agreed and reinforced with our staff. We may undertake the following activities:
- Increasing handwashing and hand-sanitising protocols: upon arrival, before/after direct contact and at regular intervals throughout the day
- Focused Cleaning of High Touch Areas
- Some areas may need additional cleaning such as door handles, kitchen and bathroom surfaces
- Some tasks may require staff to use protective equipment such as gloves
- Hand sanitiser should be available for visitors to your home.